Selling Vintage

Monday, August 30, 2010 | |

Hello dedicated readers! I am writing you today as a good blogger. Yesterday, however, I believe I was a pretty bad, non-dedicated blogger. Sorry, I was in a funk. I'm back though! The last few weeks have been amazing! I have fallen into an excellent routine, and found a new niche! In a few weeks I will attend my substitute teacher orientation, where I will hopefully make friends, and network too! For now though, I've been gaining inspiration from my vintage explorations! I have found a new love for the History channel show, "American Pickers". These guys are awesome! Everyday they drive around the country finding the most amazing antiques. I spent the entire day yesterday laying in bed living vicariously through them. You see, In my time here in NC I have seen more antiques than I have in my entire life, and I have enjoyed every minute of it!! When I was younger, mom would take me with her to all of her favorite antique spots in Jacksonville, and, until recently I have enjoyed it, but it just wasn't my thing. That has all changed! I guess you could say I have found my "style" of antiques! Other than really neat vintage cans, farm tools, and metal signs, just to name a few, I am now obsessed with vintage advertising. Specifically foreign sports posters, and American travel ad's! Here are just some of my favorites that I have seen...

Chamonix-Martigny
European train line

Mont-Blanc
Highest mountain peak in the Alps

You can see why I love them! So that is what I have been up to the last week or so! I hope that I will be able to post more of my finds in the next few weeks and maybe you'll find that you love old things as much as me! I am headed to Jacksonville for a visit on Wednesday. It will be my first road trip by myself and I am hoping for the best. I actually love driving, so I plan to put the top down & cruise to Florida! I will also be shooting one of my oldest friends engagement pictures while at home. If anyone needs any photos done, now is the time! The next time I will be in Jax will be in October so get those Christmas card pix scheduled now! Thanks again for reading!






1 comments:

Intricately Disheveled said...

OMG! I would totally have these prints in my house!! <3 <3 Can't wait until you come back!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog