Illinois Dreamin

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | |

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was taking a trip to visit >my amazing family in Fairfield, Illinois. Long story short, I love my Illinois fam and everything that visiting has to offer. It's the one place in my life that I always talk about... though I haven't visited in about 5 years, everyone knows how special Fairfield is to me. I have always described myself as an "old soul" and this is the place that I think I developed that part of me from. A place where living slow is what life is all about. I spent most days with my cousin Bill, a guy who I can truly say is someone that I can look up to for the way that he looks at life. Having an early 6:30 am breakfast at the "Barbed wire", a restaurant that he eats most every meal at, was something that brought me back. Since my move to NC I have been living pretty easy, but really getting away, out in the middle of the farms with family that I truly love seeing, now thats a vacation! The reunion at our cousin Dana & Willies lake made for a great time. With over 50 family members enjoying a beautiful day and great food, this could not go wrong! It was also great to have my Jacksonville family around. For most of them, this was the first visit to Illinois, and it was very nice to be able to show them around. I took my youngest cousin on a short photo expedition and to see my great granny's old home around the corner from the lake. Fairfield is such an amazing place! Here are a few of my favorites from the trip! Enjoy!

This is grannies old barn.




The family lake


2 comments:

Intricately Disheveled said...

These photos are freaking amazing!! Looks so peaceful! Like the new background btw!

Terri said...

Illinois???? Who knew????? I'm kidding!!! Wow.... Isn't this USA that we live in soooo blessed!!!! What beautiful countryside!!! and yes a slower more peaceful way of life!!!! I am alllll over that!!!! Thanks for taking the time to continue to share your "Blog" with us!!! have a blessed week Brian!!! Terri

Post a Comment

About This Blog